Smith of Derby Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (the UK GDPR), the data controller is Smith of Derby Ltd, 112 Alfreton Road, Derby DE21 4AU, UK.
Our nominated representative for data protection matters is Mike Donoghue. Please submit any queries in relation to data protection in writing to email@example.com.
Policy version 1.1 updated 14th June 2021.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by contacting us via telephone, email or by filling in a form hosted on www.smithofderby.com (our site).
- We may ask you for information when you report a query/concern to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence although only sufficient information that we feel will be required to provide you with an appropriate level of customer service will be retained. We will endeavour to delete this information after we have deemed it to be legitimately no longer required for any further processing means by us.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of visits to either our site or your site and any resources accessed during such visits.
Why we collect and process your information
We will collect and process your information for the purposes of providing products and services relating to the manufacture and servicing of clocks.
We use a legal (contractual) basis for processing personal information and in certain cases, legitimate interest as a basis to communicate with you in relation to the products and services we provide.
How long we retain your information for
All customer, site and procurement information is retained indefinitely.
Information pertaining to employees is held for a period of 7 years after the employee leaves the company.
What information will be collected about you
We will only collect and process basic identifiers such as name, address, telephone number and email address. We may share this information with credit reference agencies for verification when customers require an account ot be opened with us.
In the case of employees or individuals looking to gain employment with us, we will also process relevant information concerning your employment such as details about your tax status, salary and relevant information required by our human resources department.
As an employee and depending on your role with us, we may process special category information related to your medical/health condition. This information will not be shared with any relevant third parties (such as insurance providers) without your consent.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual directly (although your IP address may constitute a means of identification)
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general site usage whilst visiting our site by using a cookie file which is restored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information stored on your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
We may use third party organisations/services to process your information that reside outside of the UK/EEA. Here is a list of all such organisations that we presently engage with and their associated privacy notices (please note that such notices are not controlled or maintained by us and are the responsibility of the third party organisation):
||Reason for processing
||Cloud based document storage
Uses made of the information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Smith of Derby Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to disclose your information to any third party except where required by law or general legislation. You can exercise your right to prevent processing of your information by not checking opt-in boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your rights under the UK GDPR at any time by contacting us at 112 Alfreton Road, Derby DE21 4AU, UK or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The UK GDPR gives you various rights to the information we hold about you. These rights can be exercised by you in accordance with the UK GDPR. In line with the regulation, all reasonable requests will be free of charge and processed within the time period permitted. Repeated requests may be subject to a fee which Smith of Derby Ltd will advise you of prior to processing such requests.