We were delighted and privileged to restore the gatehouse clock at Bishopthorpe Palace back to its former glory.
The clock was manufactured by W Potts & Sons Ltd (part of the Smith of Derby group) in 1913 for Archbishop Cosmo Lang, the current Archbishop Dr John Sentamu, spoke of his delight at setting the clock and following in Cosmo Lang’s footsteps:
Generations of local people have grown up with this clock as part of community life, passing it daily on the way to school or work. This restoration, which has been done with great care, is wonderful to see. Hopefully this clock will continue to bring joy to others as it chimes for the next 100 years.