Smith of Derby
• LED lit crown and hands, constantly rotating
• Stainless steel mechanism
• Precision rotation and timepiece mechanisms
• Accuracy greater than1/100th sec, with power failure back-up
• Waterproof and season protected for exterior use
• Located in the main Royal Derby Hospital entrance landscaping
Height 10 metres
Column height 7 metres
Derbyshire's Florence Nightingale, the 'lady with the lamp', provided the inspiration for this unique time sculpture that is prominently situated at the front entrance of the Royal Derby Hospital in Derby. The light clock depicts the flame from the ‘lady with the lamp’ to inspire feelings of comfort and hope.
The timepiece also refers to the passage of time, of human frailty and remembrance of the past. As it tells its story of time, the clock serves as a beacon; the shimmering effect of the warm and cradling light after dark suggesting compassion and reassurance.
© 2017 Smith of Derby Ltd. Registered Company No. 01395408
Telephone: +44 (0) 1332 345 569 Fax: +44 (0) 1332 290 642 Email: email@example.com