Scott Wilson Fitzpatrick
• The world’s largest inclined clock
• Angled 28 degrees from level ground
• Golden hands project red laser beams onto the hour marks
• A sophisticated SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system enables the client to monitor the clock functions from their headquarters
• Predominantly made of Stainless Steel
Diameter 13 metres
This inclined clock is a centrepiece set at a busy road junction, bordering the Sheik's Palace at Al-Ain, UAE. Times past are evoked with the design, based on the Astrolabe concept, a technology whose birthplace was the Middle East many centuries ago.
At 13 metres in diameter and predominately made of stainless steel, this clock is monumental. It is set at an angle of 28 degrees from the ground, making it the largest inclined clock in the world.
Golden hands project a line of red laser beams onto the hour marks. Fibre optics within the midnight blue dial circle give the appearance of twinkling stars in the night sky. Timekeeping accuracy is maintained by using Global Positioning Satellite signals.
© 2014 Smith of Derby Ltd. Registered Company No. 01395408
Telephone: +44 (0) 1332 345 569 Fax: +44 (0) 1332 290 642 Email: email@example.com