• The glass beads on the 12 horizontal bands light up as each hour is passed
• The DNA clock makes one full rotation every hour
• LED internally lit glass beads
• Concealed lighting within the base
• Individual turning mechanisms for central and subsidiary stems
• Precision movement
• Accuracy greater than 1/100th second, with power failure backup
Height 11.4 metres
Diameter 9.3 metres
The DNA clock at the Damman University in Saudi Arabia takes its inspiration from the fact that every DNA is unique and this incredible design has its own very distinctive identity. At 11.4 metres high it has a DNA like appearance that delivers time with incredible accuracy and, for many, will be viewed as a work of art.
The design is inspired by the cell structure of DNA molecules and the clock is installed in the atrium of the University telling the story of time in its scientific location. The glass beads on the horizontal bands light up as each hour is passed. As the top band lights, midday or midnight is signified. The spiral timepiece rotates at one full revolution per hour.
© 2016 Smith of Derby Ltd. Registered Company No. 01395408
Telephone: +44 (0) 1332 345 569 Fax: +44 (0) 1332 290 642 Email: email@example.com